- 2 large eggs, beaten
- cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- FOR THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/2 cup honey, or more, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a
small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until
thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken