This is truly the most AMAZING zesty cilantro-lime marinade ever. And the chicken comes out perfectly juicy and tender.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.* Working in batches, add chicken to the grill pan in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
- If you do not have a cast iron grill pan, you can also use a large cast iron skillet.
- Category: Dinner, Chicken
- Cuisine: American