An amazingly rich and tasty cauliflower casserole is keto and low carb.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- Olive oil spray
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (or cream)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (1.5 lb. florets)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used low-fat, feel free to use full-fat)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, green parts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Liberally spray with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Roast the cauliflower until tender-crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the sour cream, milk, Dijon, garlic, cayenne and 1/2 cup cheddar.
- When cauliflower is done, add it to the sour cream sauce and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 1.5-quart baking dish. Top with the remaining shredded cheddar.
- Return to the oven and bake just until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower casserole with the bacon bits and the scallions and serve.
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 414mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: casserole, cauliflower